Population Of Levis 2017
Lévis is a city situated in east Quebec, Canada. A ferry links Old Levis with Old Quebec as well as two bridges. The Quebec Bridge connect with western Lévis. The Société de transport de Lévis is in charge of public transportation by bus.
The population in the year 2011 was 138,769. Its present incarnation was established on January 1, 2002, as the consequence of a merger among ten urban communities, incorporating the old city of Lévis established in 1861. Lévis is likewise the name of a region identical to a provincial area district and census division of Quebec, coextensive with Lévis. The city has a long historical connection ranging to 10,000 years ago.
POPULATION OF LEVIS IN 2017:
The number of inhabitants in the city according to the 2011 evaluation is 138,769. The city is an old community as far as population as the extent of young people is lower than the national average and the extent of those more than 65 years old is higher as compared to the national average.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Levis in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 144,050
- 2013 – 149,237
- 2014 – 152,223
- 2015 – 156,227
- 2016 – 161,683
Taking a look at the population of Levis from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 17,633 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 3526. Hence, the population of Levis in 2017 is forecasted to be 161,683 + 3526 = 165,209. So, the population of Levis in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 165,209.
Levis Population 2017 – 165,209(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF LEVIS:
Its population grew by an expected 1.3% in 5 years. Lévis is a city that has a proportion of kids lower than that of the national average and the extent of those more than 65 years old is higher than the national average. Somewhere in the range of 14.5% is under 14 years old, while those more than 65 are about 15.7%. The city is a standout among the most homogeneous in Canada: around 99% of the population are related to the European ancestry, while more than 97% of occupants communicate in French as their primary language.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF LEVIS:
The populace density of the city is 193 persons per square kilometer. Between 2012-2013, the quantity of births and deaths stayed stable. However, that year, the city invited 3,000 less migrants to the province.In 2012 around 55,000 individuals moved to Levis. In 2013, the number was 52,000.The majority of its migrants are originating from China, France as well as Algeria. The population growth of the city is moderate and growing gradually.
FACTS ABOUT LEVIS:
- Lévis is home to the encased territorial shopping center, Les Galeries Chagnon which has around 106 stores.
- First Nations individuals are said to have favored Lévis zone much earlier than French settlement because of its optimal area, at the intersection of the St-Lawrence and the Chaudière waterways.
- The nearness of a few substantial employers has permitted numerous citizens to live and work both in Lévis.
- In the year 1636, around 28 years after the establishment of Quebec City, The seignory of Lauzon was established on the eastern part of the actual region. In the next years, different seignories were established close to the St-Lawrence waterway.
- Numerous archaeological sites uncover confirmation of human occupation for around 10,000 years in the city.