Oshawa is a city situated in Ontario, Canada. It is roughly 60 KM east of Downtown Toronto. It is normally seen as the eastern anchor of the Greater Toronto Area and of the Golden Horseshoe. Oshawa’s roots are attached to the car business, particularly the Canadian division of General Motors Company, also called as General Motors Canada. Once perceived as the sole Automotive Capital of Canada, the city as of today is a health science and education center point. The city is home to numerous institutions.
POPULATION OF OSHAWA IN 2017:
As indicated by the 2011 registration, the number of inhabitants in Oshawa is 149,607, up from (5.7%) in the 2006 evaluation.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Oshawa in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 151,347
- 2013 – 154,445
- 2014 – 157,000
- 2015 – 162,040
- 2016 – 165,178
Taking a look at the population of Oshawa from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 13,831 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 2766. Hence, the population of Oshawa in 2017 is forecasted to be 165,178 + 2766 = 167,944. So, the population of Oshawa in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 167,944.
Oshawa Population 2017 – 167,944(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF OSHAWA:
As per the 2011 Census, English is the primary language of 86.7% of the inhabitants of Oshawa. 2.2% of the population have French as their first language, which is one of the most noteworthy proportions inside the GTA. Polish is the native language of 1.3% of the population, with Italian at 1.0%. In the year 2001, 49.3% of the population consisted of males and 50.7% female. Kids under five represented roughly 6.5% of the occupant population of Oshawa. This contrasts with 5.8% in Ontario and right around 5.6% for Canada in general.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF OSHAWA:
The populace density of Oshawa is 1,027.0 persons per square kilometer. With the most recent evaluation figures highlighting the city as a metropolitan region with population growing going above the national average, Oshawa is a splendid spot in a territory being to some degree overshadowed by the accomplishment of the West. With a growth rate of 7.7%, the city positions over the national average of 5.9%. Its population has been expanding in numbers and one should also thank the large number of people relocating to this city. There has been a considerable amount of immigrants from different parts of the country. Oshawa is a flourishing town and the positive growth rate has helped the town in many ways.
FACTS ABOUT OSHAWA:
- The city’s roots are attached to the the Canadian division of General Motors Company, alluded as General Motors Canada.
- With more than 410 hectares of parkland and more than 27 KM of cleared trails, there is lots of space to roam in Oshawa. The parks and trails are an extraordinary spot to enjoy with loved ones, additionally an incredible spot to bicycle, run or workout.
- The home of Samuel McLaughlin, founder of General Motors has been the setting of numerous known movies. The Parkwood Estate was authoritatively assigned a National Historic Site of Canada in the year 1989.
- The city is served by a few newspapers, including the Oshawa Express, an autonomous which is distributed each Wednesday and Oshawa This Week, which is distributed two times each week by Metroland.
- The city has been the home of Oshawa Vikings Rugby Football Club subsequent to 1959.
Find latest Oshawa Population in 2018