Richmond Hill is a town situated in the southern segment of York Region in Canada. The town broadens (9 miles) north-south and (3.5 miles) east-west. It is the third most crowded region in York Region and the 28th most populated municipality in Canada.
Richmond Hill has as of late has seen a colossal populace upsurge, being Canada’s quickest growing community in the 1990s. It is a well-to-do town with countless employed in business, industry and health care. The town is home to the incredibly famous David Dunlap Observatory telescope, at one time being the second biggest telescope on the planet and still the biggest in Canada. Richmond Hill is twinned with Florida and has a sister city in the form of Shijiazhuang, China.
POPULATION OF RICHMOND HILL IN 2017:
Richmond Hill had an expected population of 185, 541 in the year 2011 and from that point forward it has been growing in terms of population.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Richmond Hill in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 190,235
- 2013 – 197,184
- 2014 – 203,123
- 2015 – 209,121
- 2016 – 214,343
Taking a look at the population of Richmond Hill from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 24,108 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 4821. Hence, the population of Richmond Hill in 2017 is forecasted to be 214,343 + 4821 = 219,164. So, the population of Richmond Hill in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 219,164.
Richmond Hill Population 2017 – 219,164(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF RICHMOND HILL:
As per 2011 Census information, English is the first language of (a relatively low) 40.7% of the occupants of Richmond Hill. Local speakers of Cantonese make up 8.6% of the population, nearly trailed by those of Persian, comprising of 8.5% of the population. Chinese serve as first language for 6.5% of Richmond Hill occupants, followed by Russian (5.3%), Italian (3.9%) and Korean (2.3%), in this manner figuring an extremely diverse linguistic milieu.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF RICHMOND HILL:
The populace density of Richmond Hill is 1,838.0 persons per square kilometer. Richmond Hill is one of the quickest growing communities in Canada, with an extensive multicultural population. The 2011 Census recorded 185,541 people residing in the town, an expansion of 14% from 2006 and more than twice the national average. Its population is anticipated to surpass 200,000 by the year 2018. From 2000 to 2013, the Indian and Asian population grew at a rapid pace than the aggregate population in the study zone. Asians now comprise of 1 in 4 inhabitants in the area, while Indians make up more than 1 in 7 occupants.
FACTS ABOUT RICHMOND HILL:
- Richmond Hill is the sixth quickest developing urban city in the entire province.
- South Richmond Hill is home some of the best hotels and the principle business region of the town’s Chinese population.
- Mill Pond is a recreation center situated in the mid-area of Richmond Hill that is encompassed by heritage homes. The park encompasses an old mill lake, subsequently the name Mill Pond. There are numerous strolling trails and the recreation center is home to an assortment of wildlife species, including ducks geese, and beavers.
- Richmond Hill consists of 166 parks, under the Town of Richmond Hill Parks and which most are little urban parks and 544 hectares of undeveloped natural area for entertainment.
- Richmond Hill is one of the quickest developing communities in Canada with a vast multicultural population.