Saguenay is a city situated Quebec,Canada, around 200 kilometers north of Quebec City by overland course. Situated at the intersection with the St. Lawrence River, this city was shaped in 2002 by a merger and extension of smaller locales, including Chicoutimi, established by the French in the year 1676. The city was formed on February 18, 2002 by amalgamating the urban cities of Chicoutimi and Laterrière, alongside the districts of Lac-Kénogami and the township of Tremblay. The city is a scenic location and if you are into travelling, you should definitely visit Saguenay. It offers a lot for everyone, ranging from malls, parks etc.
POPULATION OF SAGUENAY IN 2017:
According to the 2011 information reports, the population remains at 144, 746. The city has experienced a mild growth over the years.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Saguenay in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 165,324
- 2013 – 201,334
- 2014 – 240,119
- 2015 – 277,209
- 2016 – 293,211
Taking a look at the population of Saguenay from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 127,887 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 25,577. Hence, the population of Saguenay in 2017 is forecasted to be 293,211 + 25,577 = 318,788. So, the population of Saguenay in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 318,788.
Saguenay Population 2017 – 318,788(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF SAGUENAY:
French was first language to 98.1% of inhabitants (numbering both single and different reactions) in 2006. The following most regular native languages were English at 0.9%, trailed by Spanish at 0.3%, Arabic at 0.2% and Chinese as well as Portuguese comprises of 0.1%. Around 96% of the population distinguished as Roman Catholic in 2001 while very nearly 3% said they had no religious association. Among smaller categories, the Methodists pulled in around 0.2% each, while the Baptists, Muslims,United Church and Pentecostals each represented around 0.1% of the population.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF SAGUENAY:
The populace density of Saguenay is 61.5 persons per square kilometer. In the year 2011, the number of inhabitants in Saguenay was 157,790, speaking to a rate change of 1.0% from 2006. The population growth has been moderate, not very high or not very less. It has been found out that many people from Eastern Quebec are relocating to Saguenay and this has caused an increment in terms of population numbers of the city. There is a considerable number of Asian population out here, ranging from Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Chinese etc.
FACTS ABOUT SAGUENAY:
- The Saguenay floods were the most decimating in Canadian history, bringing about 10 deaths, $800 million worth got damaged, 1,718 houses and 900 bungalows devastated.
- 45 noteworthy watercourses sustain into the Saguenay and Lac Saint-Jean. The area’s hydrological system is comprised of 2,000 structures – generally dikes and embankments – claimed by 25 private associations.
- Under the Köppen framework, the city has a muggy mainland climate with expansive variety around summer and winter. The city highlights two brief seasons (spring and fall), while summers are warm and incidentally hot, winters are long and extremely frosty.
- Saguenay is situated in a despondency in the Canadian shield called the Saguenay Graben, which has to some degree more calm climate than the encompassing region. This has empowered agriculture and human settlement to occur.
- After the monetary decline of the Great Depression, the city’s economy moved to being based on a regulatory and business center.